Sunday, May 11, 2008

sorry about your weight

I am so sick of this god damn website erasing and losing everything before I post it. Get your shit together website. Anyway, I was at blockbuster the other day renting a movie. The man in front of me was rather large, and by large I mean fat. He wasn't obese, just overweight. The line was rather long and slow, I think the checkout lady was new. When we finally got to the front, the man placed his movies and popcorn on the counter in anticipation of checking out. The lady glanced up at him and in a very apologetic voice said "I'm sorry about your weight." Except that's not what she said. She actually said "I'm sorry about your wait." I almost broke out in laughter and was thinking to myself "why would she say such a horrible thing to that man?" I have heard many a person apologize to patrons for waiting before, and I have been around plenty of fat people. I don't know what made me think of that in that situation. Regardless, I thought it was funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home