Monday, August 07, 2006

I hate my car

I really do hate my car. In the past two weeks, it has been unbelievably cruel to me. What did I ever do to it? I took the bar exam on July 25th, and everything was going swimmingly that day. My alarm clock went off on time, I got up on time, and I was enjoying a delightful breakfast. With 30 minutes until I had to check in, and with only two miles to travel, I shut my front door and set off on my journey. As I was walking down my apartment path, with the sun barely creeping over the clouds, I thought to myself…wouldn’t this, of all days, be a shitty time for my car to decide to not start? I opened my car, slid the key in the ignition, and…nothing. What did I do next? Well, I did what just about anyone else would do, I freaked out. I started calling all my friends that were on their way to the test. Nothing. I called my girlfriend that lives a mile away. Nothing. I stood at the foot of my car panicking and all I could think about was what it would look like to others as I sprinted down the highway with nothing but a pencil in my hand. I also pictured what it would be like to wait until february to take this fucking test. Then it hit me, there is a girl in my apartment complex that took bar review with me! I had no idea where she lived, and I could barely remember her name, having only met her once. Nonetheless, I remembered she drove a convertible and I set off in a dead sprint to try and locate it. After some searching I managed to find what I thought was her car, and I started knocking on doors. After three knocks, my savior answered the door and I was saved.
My car troubles did not end there though. The next week I left for a trip to my hometown, and didn’t get 80 miles outside the city before the car struck again. I blew a tire and was stuck on the turnpike without a jack. The fact that it was about 110 degrees didn’t help the situation either. After waiting 2 hours, help managed to arrive and I was on my way.
Finally, to add a nice cherry to the top of this poop Sunday—my cars’ air-conditioning has not worked for about a month now. AWESOME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home