Tuesday, July 28, 2009

7-11 dog

I have always loved to write, but for some reason or another never find myself doing it outside of work. I think every writer ever interviewed talks about writing as their most important training. I know, it sounds obvious, but it really isn't. Many people, myself included, have aspirations of writing creatively. However, I have never thought of writing to find something to write about. I have always taken the position that I had to have something to write about before I sat down to write. I believe it is the opposite. The act of simply writing will bring out ideas. I have never been one to keep a diary or blog of my thoughts or feelings. I occasionally find the time or desire to write them down, but for the most part do not feel the need. I do, however, love to tell stories. I have heard, created, and otherwise been apart of many amazing stories in my day and often find myself later wishing I had written them down to memorialize them. I also believe the act of writing down my stories or interesting happenings will have the effect of making me a better writer. It is for that reason that I hereby pledge to take some time every day to either write about an interesting/funny/memorable event that has happened in my life or simply document my daily happenings. I know that I will be the only one who reads these, but that is enough for me. I want nothing more. See you tommorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home